What we do
Basingstoke & District Young Carers provides the facility for young carers to take a break from their caring responsibilities. We currently run our sessions on the following:
Monday (Years 10, 11 & college) 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Wednesday (School Year: 4,5,6) 4:30pm to 6pm
Wednesday (Years 7,8,9) 6:30pm to 8:30pm
To join the groups a referall to the charity must be made by either a professional or family member. To refer online please click here.
Parent Support Group
The aim of the group is:
- To offer parent to parent/carer support,
- To run regular mornings and afternoon tea sessions,
- To offer escapism from life’s struggles,
- To assist the Young Carers Team, with their respite clubs, by always providing one of the Young Carers Parent Support Team (PSG) to assist the Young Carers Staff at club. and;
- To help raise funds so that more activities can be run and we can organise fun days out or activities for us the parents/carers.
For more information and to get involved please visit the Parent Support Group Facebook Page by clicking here
Our approach is whole family thinking. We need to ensure that the whole family are getting the support they need. Once a referral has been received we will offer a home visit or a phone support session to establish what level of support the family are receiving. Once this is established we will agree an action plan together to ensure that all support options have been considered and implemented. We are there to not only support the young person undertaking the caring role but to also support the adults in the family including extended family to ensure the family unit have everything in place that they need.